Saturday 11 October 2014

power in touches

18 months

There really is an odd kind of power in touches, you put yourself in a completely vulnerable position when you love someone. Coyote has touched every inch of my body at different times. he's held my feet while the dentist was pulling a tooth, he's stroked me hair and rubbed my back, every night I cuddle him before I go to sleep...and there is power in that. I am so completely vulnerable to him. he could hurt me in a hundred different ways, and I could hurt him. We could hurt each others bodies and hearts so easily. but we don't because we love and trust each other. and that makes those touches more powerful and more important than touches that didn't hold any vulnerability.

And the same thing goes for Tabitha. She has a delicate little body, and fine, soft bones, she still has her soft spot in her skull, her skin is like smooth satin...the power we both have over her is terrifying. I feel it every time I pick her up. my beautiful daughter with her straight limbs and round baby tummy, her strong back and perfect body...we have so much power that could be so destructive...and yet she trusts us so completely. as we get older we become more and more afraid of getting hurt. but she hasn't learned yet. life will hurt her at some point. she will be vulnerable to someone who won't understand that power and will abuse her trust...and that terrifies me,

I want to protect her forever. I want to be worthy of her trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment